Fall fun 2018


Two weeks ago I called to let my sister know that our library was going to be having their fall library book sale and it is huge. So she decided to load up her two youngest along with our niece and head hear to see what books they could find. Little did she know just how big the book sale was and how many books her kids would go home with. Talk a glimpse as just some of the tables set up for sale. 


What I did not know is that she had a day planned where we would be taking the kids on a day filled with fall fun activities. My daughter even had something up her sleeve. So along with a friend from work and her little girl our next stop of the day was Pups and Pumpkins. It was fun to see all the dogs dressed up in their costumes. There was also plenty of games for the kids to play. I think fun was had by all including my daughter's dog Cyrus. My youngest niece and my co-workers daughter got along great and made a friend with a large dog, which my daughter happens to groom. She was like a gentle giant. 


The last stop of the day was Rutledge Farms and their Harvest Festival. It was packed with people but we managed to have fun. My niece, daughter and I decided to do the corn maze. We kept walking further into the middle to make it more challenging to find our way out. It was a fun time. 


After the corn maze the three of us along with my youngest niece opted to take a train ride through the sorghum and corn field. While my sister and my nephew did the hay ride. They got done before we did so my nephew got to do a few crafts while waiting. The two younger kids also got to do some bounce houses which of course is a favorite of kids. After all this fun it was time to go home. 

We opted for Mexican for supper as that seems to be our favorite food. Let me tell you I was plenty wore out after all the fun activities. It was nice to have my family here and to spend the day just having fun and not having to worry about anything but making memories with the kids. I am glad I called my sister and told her to come down for the book sale as it turned into a great day, even the weather cooperated. 


Comments

Popular Posts